http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/346-Fable-2(link in case embed doesn't play - its not playing for me right now. And make sure to stop the video from playing after the review ends or you will be subjected to crappy trailer for the equally crappy banjo kazooie)
After suffering through the endless tedium of this game's emote relationship system and town economy BS that did naught but become a needless distraction from the going adventuring part of the game (which was woefully short) for endless hours far beyond what any sane person would put up with in order to "do everything" and get all the achievements (aside from the doll collector - I mean who's going to bother to seek out friends with the other collectable hero dolls when the co-op play is so craptacular its not worth getting together with friends in the 1st place in this game? What? I can't even use my own character in a friend's game just some generic henchmen and we have to stay on the same screen even when playing over xbox live and the camera angles are going to suck so you can't see where you're going as well?? What BS)... but I digress, after enjoying the finer points of the "freedom" this game provides I found this review to be extremely amusing.
I agree with about 90% of it although how he could have had problems fighting to the point he got his butt kicked and even wanted the dog's help is beyond me... I found the dog being a treasure finder to be very helpful in that regard and one of the only useful and helpful things in a world full of boring, useless, herd-minded clone people. And the dog did fight some, but really how much help do you expect from a pet? I didn't need any help fighting. My ranged weapon skill was so devastating rarely did anything get close enough to melee and when it did, it was mince meat or blown to hell with flaming magical fury. Conclusion: reviewer has no skillz but still correctly points out many (but nowhere near all) of the glaring flaws in the game design and in a very humorous manner as well :)
1 comment:
i like your blog......
Post a Comment