Friday, October 16, 2009

H-Minus 15 - The Undead (1957)

"Three Witches have heads / But they'll sever them all / The head of Helen is the third that must fall / All the Kings horses and all the Kings men cannot put the witches together again." - Smolkin, the Gravedigger



The 1957 Roger Corman film The Undead stars Pamela Duncan, Richard Garland, Allison "Attack of the 50 Foot Woman" Hayes, Val Dufour, and Mel Welles as Smolkin, the Gravedigger.




In the film, Two psychic researchers procure the services of a lady of the night and cause her to regress back in time under hypnosis. She finds herself in the body of a past existence - a woman in medieval times waiting to be beheaded as a witch. By avoiding this fate she unwittingly starts to alter history.

Here is the hilarious MST3K version of The Undead:

2 comments:

Belle Dee said...

I actually really love this movie. I'm wish there would be an official DVD release. My VHS copy won't last forever!

Azathoth said...

I've been backing up a lot of my favorite vhs tapes on the computer for exactly that reason. I'm worried they are going to wear out.

I wish I could afford one of those stand alone dvd/vhs recorders but I haven't been able to what with some stupid bit of computer hardware always needing to be replaced or upgraded and new versions of windows needing to be bought all the bloody time (about to blow my Christmas present money on windows 7 - anything to get that craptacular vista the hell off my pc.)